It’s hard to believe, but summer is coming to an end, and the start of the fall semester is almost here.
We are now less TWO MONTHS away from this year’s College Radio Day, which will take place on Friday October 3, 2014.
I would like to take a few moments to get you all caught up to date on the news and happenings of College Radio Day.
- First – has your station registered yet? We have over $1,000 of benefits for participating stations on October 3, including a free premium SoundCloud account! Click here to register in about 30 seconds!
- On Thursday July 10th over 50 college radio stations stood in solidarity with WRAS 88.5FM in Atlanta, Georgia and played the simulcast on their airwaves that we put together with WRAS. It was beyond a proud moment for us at College Radio Day to see stations from across the country come together and speak in one voice to show support for WRAS and its student staff. College radio is one of the last of bastions of creative programming and it is important that we as a society cherish it.
- Sean McDonald from Neumann University and I will be conducting the interview process for state HQs before the end of August. Any station that expressed an interest in being their state’s HQ will now be contacted very soon.
- Has your station been interviewing bands recently? Well, College Radio Day needs your help! We are looking for band liners. If you interview a band anytime between now and September 25 please contact me at email@example.com. We want to share your liners with all of the stations that are participating in College Radio Day. Just think, something you produced could be broadcast on college radio stations from all over the country. Looks pretty impressive on a resume… 😉
- CRD Advisory Board member Nikki Marra is doing the ultimate college radio road trip, right now, and driving from New Jersey to her new job at KCWU in Washington state!! She needs your support (gas money always welcome, thanks!). It’s over 3,400 miles and she is producing a special radio doc for broadcast on College Radio Day.
- And finally is your station doing something special for College Radio Day? If so, we would like to know about it. Email us at (firstname.lastname@example.org) and tell us what your station is doing on College Radio Day, and your station may be profiled as a featured radio station on collegeradioday.com
As always the College Radio Day Board of Directors and I want to hear from you. Feel free to email us with questions, comments, and concerns anytime. My email is email@example.com. We will have some very special announcements for you as we get closer to October 3! Stay tuned!
President, College Radio Day